CLICK HERE for The Top-Rated & Best-Selling Health and Personal Care Products
Tutoring Your Own children
As mentioned, there are really some parents who think that they are not qualified to teach their own children. But some experts would say that teaching your own children could be a breeze since parents know their children better. It is also said that parents know their children’s potential, thus they would know what are best for them. Parents just need to have boost in their confidence.
Another common apprehension of parents is that they think that they won’t be able to deal with their children. Parents who do not have a healthy communications with their children fear that tutoring sessions would eventually lead to misunderstanding.
Some experts say that tutoring your own children is a remarkable experience. As a parent, you get to guide your children on their important development years. You just have to be careful to avoid any impression that you are forcing and demanding them to perform well in school and would not expect and accept anything else.
To avoid these circumstances, there are things that would make tutoring our own children a happy experience for both parents and kids.
• Consult with your child’s teacher, first. You would need information about what subjects your child is having difficulty. This would help you identify which field you would be putting more focus and assistance.
• Make tutoring sessions something they would look forward to. Remember that your kids are in school for most of the day. They are just very tired in listening to different teachers giving lectures. You would have to avoid that kind of atmosphere when tutoring them. You could use different education materials that can be used during tutoring sessions. You can buy puzzles, games, stories, worksheets and other materials that would suit your child’s level.
• Get your child involved in the process. For example, determining the days and hours for tutoring sessions. Do not just set it for them. Include them in deciding what days would be suitable and at the same time consider your own schedule. The least that you want is cancelling tutoring sessions just because they coincide with a schedule that could have been avoided.
• Never, ever lose patience with your child just because they cannot understand what you say to them. Most children would avoid tutoring with their parents because they think that they are too strict or pushes them too hard. Praise your children for good things done and use encouraging words.
• Encourage you child to first try to answer their homework or exercise before getting any kind of help. And if they ask for your help, do not just provide the answer. Help them understand how you’ve come up with the answer. This would actually help children in building their academic performance and independence.
• To measure if your children have improved, you could asses it by giving tests and assessments (not too long though) and analyzing the results.
Some parents may fear it, while others may embrace it. Family or parents tutoring their own children have benefits, parents and child would be able to bond together and establish closer relationships with each other.
Whether it is that parents hire private tutors or tutor their kids, is still the same. Parents still want their children to have quality education and a better future.
Selected ArticlesImportant Things To Consider When Tutoring Adolescents
Tutoring By Older Siblings
Tutoring Your Own Children
Principles Of Tutoring
Tutoring For Students Taking Online Degrees
The Wonders Of Free Online Tutoring
How To Maintain Positive Tutoring Relationships To Adolescents
Tips For Tutoring Adults
Peer Tutoring, Anyone?
Effective Tutoring Strategies That Parents Could Use
Tutoring As A Bonding Time For The Whole Family
Online Tutoring: The Both Sides
Choosing The Right Tutoring Services For Your Kids
The Power Of Parent Tutoring
Tutoring For Kids With Learning Disabilities
Effective Tutoring Habits
Tutoring Business Opportunities
The Best Online Tutoring Option For Students
Tutoring For Kids
Finding Fun In Tutoring
How Can Kids Benefit From Tutoring At Home?
Must-do Practices And Attitudes At The Start Of Tutoring
Tutoring Tips: Handling Parents
Why Tutoring At Home Is Important